We understand all about dental fear. Over the years, our dentists have helped many patients through their fear and provided the dental care their smiles needed. Relieving dental anxiety in Waco is one of our top priorities. When you visit Starr General Dentistry, our gentle treatment will help you:A Gentle and Comfortable Experience Read Transcript
If you're an anxious patient, you certainly aren't alone. Dentistry is something that a lot of people feel can be invasive because you have someone right there in your face and you have someone with hands in your mouth, and it certainly can be anxiety inducing. At our office, we offer several options. We offer conscious sedation, which is a pill you take, and you can be asleep and really don't remember the procedure, but you can respond to commands and patients find that a great way to deal with dental anxiety. We also offer nitrous oxide, which just takes the edge off for most patients and allows them the comfort for not worrying about the actual procedure. One thing that's really important to us is making sure that the patient has confidence in us. A lot of times anxiety comes because you either don't understand what the procedure is or you don't trust who's working on you and so building that rapport and building that trust and confidence is of the utmost importance.
- Relax and enjoy your dental care
- Reduce your anxiety about future dental visits
- Gain peace of mind about your oral health
- Reduce the likelihood you’ll need extensive treatment down the road
Call our smile care experts today at 254-401-0129 to schedule an appointment for relaxing dentistry. You’ll find us on Cobbs Drive, not far from Ridgewood Country Club.
Our Team Will Help Eliminate Your Dental Anxiety
We have some of the most compassionate team members around. Our staff is trained to provide each patient top-level care in the most comfortable setting possible. We’ll answer any questions you have, and we’ll proceed at your pace so that you’re fully relaxed during your procedure or exam. Plus, you’ll feel comfortable knowing we won’t keep you waiting long in our waiting room.
If you need extra help easing your anxiety, you’re welcome to take your pick of sedation options:
- Inhaled Sedation – This sedation method uses a sweet-smelling gas known as laughing gas. It will immediately put you in a relaxed state when you breathe it in. The effects will vanish just as quickly afterward, so you’ll be safe to drive yourself home.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – We’ll prescribe a small pill for you to take before your procedure. By the time it begins, your mind and body will feel totally at ease, and you’ll have no concerns. A trusted friend or family member will need to drive you home after your appointment.
Besides our sedation options, we also have warm blankets and soft pillows on hand. You’re welcome to either or both of them to help you feel at home. If you need anything else, just tell one of our staff members, and we’ll be glad to help.
When you’re nervous about your dental care, visit the experts at relieving dental anxiety in Waco. Call Starr General Dentistry today at 254-401-0129, or schedule an appointment .