Routine dental care is essential if you want to keep your smile in the best shape possible. You wouldn’t buy a new car, then never change the oil in it. Your smile is no different – it requires Waco general dentistry if you want it to last and not cause you problems down the road. General dental services from Starr General Dentistry will help you:Image Title: General Dentistry Keeping Your Smile Healthy Read Transcript
General dentistry is something that is so important, and something that I think over time, patients have started to recognize the importance of it. There's so much research and evidence suggesting that your oral health has such an impact on your overall systemic health. We do our very best to educate patients in understanding that.
There are several facets to general dentistry that are important in educating the patient. You have to have routine dental care, and finding a problem when it's a very small problem, and you can correct it or restore something quickly before it's a larger issue, is important. The periodontal part of dentistry is also unbelievably important. You could have 32 teeth, 28 teeth with not a single cavity in them, but if those supporting structures, the root surface, the ligament, the bone levels, your gingiva, the gum tissue, if those aren't healthy, then it really doesn't do you much good. Maintaining routine dental care helps us eliminate or helps us identify periodontal problems before they become an issue as well. It will help patients keep their teeth for a long time and prevent any further problems down the road.
- Enjoy peace of mind about your oral health
- Prevent the need for more invasive dental work later on
- Gain confidence that your teeth are attractive
- Make the best first impressions possible
We Give You Many Ways to Maintain a Beautiful Smile
Although you probably know that you should get a routine checkup twice a year, there is much more to our general dental care than that. The dentists and staff of Starr General Dentistry offer a full lineup of general dental treatments that can help you maintain an attractive smile. These treatments include:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – We’ll use digital X-rays and electronic cavity detectors to check for decay, then give you a complete dental exam and thorough teeth cleaning.
- Gum Disease Treatment – Deep cleaning using scaling and root planing will rid your teeth and gums of plaque, tartar, and bacteria that contribute to this condition.
- Custom Athletic Mouthguards and Night Guards – Protect your pearly whites with these made-for-you appliances.
- Fluoride Treatments and Varnishes – Fluoride applied to your teeth can prevent cavities and even reverse early-stage decay.
- Tooth Sealants – Thin plastic coatings form a protective barrier against disease-causing bacteria.
- Dry Mouth and Halitosis (Bad Breath) Treatment – We can offer advice and recommend specialty products for handling these chronic problems.
Don’t neglect routine care for your smile. Rely on our Waco general dentistry to help you maintain a bright smile all year long. Call Starr General Dentistry today at 254-401-0129 to make an appointment, or if it’s more convenient.