Dr. Kent Starr grew up here in Waco and received his Bachelor of Science from Baylor University. He went on to receive his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the Baylor College of Dentistry (now Texas A&M College of Dentistry). He founded our practice in 1974 and has been treating our patients here ever since.
Dr. Kent became a dentist when, after talking to his own dentist, he realized that this profession has all the things he was looking for – the science aspect, involvement with people, and hand skills. His favorite parts of his job now are the relationships he forms with our patients as well as the clinical part of dentistry. He truly likes people and treats everyone how he wants to be treated. His patients know that he will always treat them like family and do what is right for them.
Dr. Kent’s professional and civic accomplishments include:
- Member of the American College of Dentists
- Past president of the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
- Past president of the Western Regional Examining Board
- Fellow in the American Dental Association
- Past chairman of deacons at First Baptist Church of Waco
- Past president of the Baylor Bear Foundation
In his spare time, Dr. Kent enjoys church-related activities, spending time with his family, and golfing.